It’s been busy these past few days traveling home for the Qingming festival. I’ll get back to the usual posts later in the week. For now, I figured I’d indulge myself and collect a few of the write-ups the site has gotten recently.
- The Next Web: Blocked On Weibo is a blog documenting words that are censored from China’s microblogs
- Le Monde article (in French): L’anonymat proscrit des réseaux sociaux à Pékin [slideshow]
- Voice of America (in Chinese): 世界媒体看中国：微博的消息
- Asia Sentinel: Fun With Chinese
- Four tiny mentions/links from sources I respect a whole lot: WSJ China Real Time in post on Bo Xilai, Kaiser Kuo and Jeremy Goldkorn’s Sinica podcast, Yizhe’s (yyyyiiii) translation of the CMU-Weibo press release, and niubi’s (Bill Bishop) Sinocism link roundup
- A number of sites which were misleading and/or distorted the intent of this project (I’ll only mention The Sun (UK) because I thought it was hilarious that I got to share web space with Kate Middleton gossip for a day)
- Other fora and blogs (especially Hacker News and everyone on Tumblr, Twitter, and Weibo): thanks all for sharing